Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Grateful in Grace: Friends



"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother." 
~Psalm 18:24

This morning a dear friend sent me a text to remind me that she is right there with me...that together we are seeking the Lord as women who want to make much of Jesus in our lives. She makes me feel encouraged and like I am not walking this road alone.

It made me think of the gift that God has given us in friendship. Another mom who understands the unique heartache and joy of raising children. Another wife who knows, also, what it means to love, forgive, extend grace, and pick up dirty socks. A fellow house-keeper who hates toilets and laundry as much as I do, and sometimes says something profound in the midst of a terrible day, like, "Order Pizza."

What would I do without someone to pray with? Confide in? Journey onward with? It's a tender grace, isn't it- to know the love and joy of a faithful friend? 

How has a friend blessed you?

No comments:

Post a Comment