Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Creator - Elohim

Throughout Scripture, God reveals 
His complex character by identifying Himself 
by different names-names that shed light 
on who He is and how we should relate to Him. 
We wanted to share with you 
the forty names listed in the book, Knowing God By Name to
help you draw closer to God and learn to trust him more fully.



The Creator - Elohim
Elohim is the first name for God in the Bible, and it is found in the first sentence of God's Word.  
"In the beginning God [Elohim] created the heavens and the earth"
(Genesis 1:1) 
Every human life is sacred, no matter how it began.  Before the creation of the world, there was nothing. But into nothing God spoke, and what was not became what is.

Think about this sweet ones, carve into your hearts, etch into your mind.  Remind your family and friends, especially your husband and kids: God doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do.

  • God didn't create me because he had to, he created me because He wanted to.
  • God didn't make a mistake when he made me, he made me perfect in His eyes.
  • God doesn't love me because he has to, he loves me because He wants to. (Flaws and all)
  • God didn't send Jesus to die on the cross for me because it was his last ditch effort to save me,God sent Jesus because he loves me and I'm worth whatever it would cost him to see me saved.


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment