Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Kiss Your Man ~ Day 8


Julie shared some powerful things with us about this day's challenge. I think we could all relate to how easy it is to receive grace from our husband when we have made a mistake, been inattentive, or really blown it. Why is it so much more difficult to extend grace when our husband needs it?

There's no question- when we ask God to open our eyes to the blessing we have in our man, and choose to be grateful for him, all the petty frustrations pale in comparison. Not only that, God does not just promise to use our strengths, but He can work even through our weaknesses. And our husband's weaknesses as well. 

Today’s Vow:  “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”  Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT) 
I commit to  repent/release the distrust and bitterness and harbored anger and revenge issues I harbor in my heart towards my husband.  From this day forward I trust God and that He (not my strength) can work not only in my shortcomings but through my husband’s as well.

Today’s Challenge:  I won’t focus on the unknowns looming before me and the “why’s” of yesterday. When those thoughts creep in I will pray and seek the Lord’s strength to be grateful for and trust in God this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment